Friday, September 10, 2010

Holy Road Kill...

There was definitely a casualty on the road today. I am assuming it occurred sometime during my 45 minute commute to work! And YES, to all you nay sayers....I actually do wake up at 5am and make it to work on time every morning. Anyway, I digress....

If I wasn't fully aware before of my new Florida residency (thanks to the 100 degree temperatures at 6am, prevalence of "jorts", and the sea of orange and blue i'm surrounded by) I am CERTAIN of it now. Look at what made it's way into Shanequa's grill, never to return to the living world....

Shanequa is my jeep's name for those of you who were wondering. I named her back in 2004 for a plethera of reasons, some of which are quite obvious :) Irregardless this is the most gargantuan bug I have ever seen. They just don't grow 'em like that in Georgia!

One more time with the close up shot...

Forgive the poor picture quality please, but there was ABSOLUTELY, POSITIVELY, NO way I was going to remove our dear friend. Yes, I know he is dead, but it was all I could do to muster up the nerve to get close enough to snap the shot with the zoom on!

Tomorrow we are having our newlywed yard sale of which we will dispose of mostly Adam's "bach" stuff! Yay!! He's a horder, I'm a cut-throat cleaner outer (is that a word?)! Needless to say it's been an interesting first few months in my nesting process!! He he! But seriously....he's such a good sport! I am sooo lucky!!


Hope you have a bug-free, enjoyable weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment