Monday, September 6, 2010

Happy Labor Day!

Does anyone actually know what Labor Day celebrates? Irregardless I am super pumped not have had to work today. It's amazing to me how a 4 day week in a high school go by SOOOO much more quickly than a regular week.

Anyway, the hubby and I spent the day at the pool with our lovely neighbors and their 4 precious children. We ate and swam and relaxed.  But on a much more important note....my husband met his long lost twin today.

Long story short, Alan is related to our neighbors in some crazy way, but I swear to you he is "kin" to my husband in some way. I watched in amazement as they reminced together about Jerry Clower stories (don't feel bad if you don't know who this is, even though it is apparently blasphemous for a Georgia girl not to know this), used words from the backwoods that I don't even know the meaning of, and basically had the entire audience rolling in laughter all afternoon.  I have always referred to Adam as my Mississippi cowboy, and today I was seeing double.

Despite my most diligent efforts to "groom" my John Deere loving, wrangler wearing, farmer wannabe husband, he has remained true to his Mississippi roots, and i wouldn't have it any other way. My only conditions has been and will remain that I would move with him to any farm in the country, just so long as it's within 20 miles of a Target  :) So here's to you Adam (and your long lost twin)...."Ain't no one better for me"!!

No comments:

Post a Comment