Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Yep, We're in the south

     I spent this past weekend with 76,000 SEC football fans at the biggest cocktail party in the world Georgia/Florida game here in Jacksonville. If you have never had a chance to attend this incredible event, it should definitely top your bucket list, as I am convinced there is truly nothing like it! Complete with scantily clad sorority girls, redneck tailgates, a healthy rivalry in the atmosphere, and of course a hefty count of jean shorts, it was truly a sight to behold. 

I can't quite compete with the 18 year old sorority style anymore (apparently shirts worn as dresses and cowboy boots are the latest trends), well really I never could, but I did brew up some read and black for the occasions. I wore a black and white Old Navy t-shirt dress which I got for $10.00!! I bought some cheap red cotton fabric from JoAnne and made a fabric sash for the middle and then created 2 different red flower headbands to tie the rest of the look together.  (I'll post tutorials tomorrow). 

We arrived to begin our tailgating festivities at 9 AM.  Yes, you read that right, a full 6.5 hours before kick off, as any die hard bulldog fan would do, complete with a two table spread of food, country music blaring from our 3 pick-up trucks, and a circle of bull dog and John Deere chairs. Bet you can't guess who contributed the green and yellow to the mix?!?! It was really a perfect day, spending time with new friends and even catching up with some of my Athens buddies. Although it ended tragically (read: bulldogs lost in overtime),  a good time was had by all. 
Here are some pics of our fun-filled weekend...



Love Her!!!


All the Georgia fans
 They literally divide the stadium in half in the end zones. It's an amazing sight to see one half orange and blue, one half red and black...
Souce
Hope you all had a wonderful weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment