Monday, November 1, 2010

Trick Or Treat

       Have I told you that I love Halloween? We had such a blast last night (the real Halloween)! Can you believe that some people actually change the day of trick-or-treating? Well not here in J-ville! the 31st equals trick-or-treating even if it is a school night! 

Adam and I bought $35.00 worth of candy and were wiped out in literally an hour. It was A-mazing. And that was with me rationing it out at 2 pieces per kid. Geez!! There was even a Halloween train. Like literally a train. Well a mule with a bunch of trailers attached carrying what seemed like an army of dressed up kiddos, but still a train of children. 

     By the end of the night we were hiding in our living room with all the lights out, trying to ignore the constant door bell ringing and knocking. Apparently there were some hungry kiddos who Really wanted some candy :) He he! Our favorite costume of the night had to be a teenage mutant ninja turtle....
 I didn't even know kids were still into them, but I was obsessed as a kid, and I loved seeing a little bit of retro in the Halloween costume department. 

Our front porch was decorated with a combination of real and fake pumpkins in a semi-monogrammed theme. I took some "carvable" fake pumpkins that I got for $10.00 at the Hobby Lobby, painted them white, and then painted one with our initials shaped like bugs (Idea from Young House Love) and glued some trim to the other ones to end up with a cute little black and white pumpkin spread. Yes, I know you can actually buy white pumpkins, but I wanted something I could use every year, so I went the fake route. Here is the result...


 For our real pumpkins I got lazy creative and decided to use my power tools to help speed along the pumpkin carving process. Here's I am in action...

making my "power tool" face as instructed by the hubs :) Oh and pleeeeeeaaaaase excuse the dirty kitchen :(



Here is the result of my damage drilling...


 And here it is all together on our front porch with some hay bails...


 Very festive don't ya think?!? Oh and I couldn't leave you without a shot of my "candy" man...


I think he had as much fun as the kiddos. Who am I kidding...I definitely had the most fun! Overall we had a really fun weekend full of tailgating and candy giving, minus the minor mishap that was the Georgia game :( My poor little dawgies didn't end up on top. More to come on tailgating and outfit making...

Hope you all had a very happy Halloween too!!

No comments:

Post a Comment