Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thankful!

Happy Thanksgiving Eve Everyone! I am leaving for a whirlwind weekend visiting with the hubs family here in Florida, my dad's family in south Georgia, and my mom's family in north Georgia, so needless to say, I will be out of commission until next week. In honor of this scrumptious holiday, I wanted to take a minute and list off my top 10 things I am most thankful for. There are obviously so many more things I feel blessed to have in my life, but here is just a snip-it in no particular order...


#1. A-mazing friends who bless me with their loving support, challenge me with their candidness, and bring me unending amounts of joy. You girls have changed my lives in ways that I will never fully comprehend. All I can say is 13 bridesmaids...I am so blessed!!


 #2. Chocolate. No words necessary.

#3. The hubs. I was one of those girls who never thought they would ever be married, and there are still moments when I have a mini freak out at the reality that I actually have a ring on my finger. I couldn't have asked for a more perfect guy for me! He is loving, generous, selfless, compassionate, and adorable! How did I get so lucky?


#4. Family, both biological and "adopted". I am thankful for each and every person whom has shaped me into the woman I am today. I feel lucky to have such a big family complete with drama, lots of estrogen (we're all girls), lots of love and tears.


#5. My relationship with Jesus. I don't mean to sound sappy, "religious", or corny. Its a simple and life-transforming truth for me.   I am confident that I have a saving relationship with the one true God. A relationship that has sustained me through the most difficult times in my life, challenged me in my complacency, and blessed me beyond words.

#6. Music. I am a music lover! I love to sing, I love to discover new artists, I sing in the shower, I sing around the house, I just love to sing. My favorite song of the moment is Jason Aldean and Kelly Clarkson, "Don't you wanna stay". They were amazing on the CMA awards!!


#7. Macy. All though she is the bane of my existence at times with her snoring, her latest obsession with climbing into a laundry basket full of clean clothes, her amazing stubbornness, her allergic skin, her always-infected ears, and her refusal to obey anyone but Adam; I am very thankful for the company she provides me and her rare moments of affection when the love of her life (hubs) is not around. She also brings unending amounts of joy to Adam, which is precious to watch. He's gonna be a great dad to some human children one day!


#8. Television and a DVR. Yes, I know, this is a little bit superficial, but it's true, I am thankful for my evening line-up. It helps me to unwind after a long day of teaching, crafting, cleaning, cooking, etc. I am currently obsessed with Glee, Grey's Anatomy, and Oprah.


#9. Teaching. I don't say it often enough, but I am truly blessed to be a teacher, especially a High School teacher. I am thankful that God has placed me in a career that allows me to directly impact the lives of impressionable teenagers each and every day. There are days (though few and far between) when I know that I was THE person that a child needed that day. It's the most amazing feeling in the world.


#10. Neighbors. We have the world's greatest neighbors! I am reminded every day that God has us in this neighborhood, around these people for a very specific reason. I get so much joy from spending time with the 4 kiddos down the street. It's amazing practice for future parenthood, and there is just nothing like a child running up to greet you screaming "Ms. Taylor!!! Where's Mr. Adam?" Ha ha!


Happy Turkey Day Everyone!!



1 comment:

  1. LOve them al...of course my fav. is def. #3!!!! He's the dang bomb digity! :o)

    ReplyDelete