Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Making the Most of 2011...

I intrrupt your regularly scheduled blog post of Youtube Tuesday because I have absolutely nothing worthy of a blog post to share I wanted to share publicly my goals for 2011. Still weird to type that. 2011, 2011, 2011, 2011. It will only take me 11.5 months and several hundred voided checks later to get the year correct, and then it will be 2012. Whoa. Even weirder. I digress. 

 I actually really did want to write out my goals for the year. I have tried the typical New Year's Resolution more times than I can actually count, only to tire of the pressure, forget about them, or realize that I never really cared about a "resolution" to begin with. So this year, I hope to just set realistic goals for the betterment of my life, and share them with you all for some accountability :)  Are you tired of my lists yet?!?! I am SOOOO Type A, I just can't help myself. I have lists floating around every room of the house. Anyway, here goes...

{1} Start Running. I want to be able to run to stay in shape, but also come to that place where I actually enjoy the activity. I always watch in awe at the women I see running. They must have so much time to think or not thing, whichever is more relaxing.  So my goal is to run a 5k by the end of the year, or at least be able too, and then we'll see what happens.  

{2} Drink 64 ounces of water each day. Anyone who knows me well,  knows this will be QUITE the challenge. 
{3} Only order water when I'm out to dinner. Primarily to cut back on the budget and on soft drink intake, but also to aide in goal #2. 

{4} Read through the Bible in one year. I am already behind on the schedule, but that's why there's a whole year right?!?! Or atleast I am telling myself that. Seriously, though, I too often forget about the not so "popular" (for lack of a better word) parts of the Bible that really help paint the whole picture of just how great God's plan has been, is, and always will be. 

{5} Fold the clean laundry within 1 hour of its completion in the dryer. I have developed a bad habit of leaving them in the dryer, because I already did all the work/ they are clean/ I'm lazy. The hubs and I both despise the putting away of the laundry, but I have decided that if I start the load, I will see it through to completion. Sounds so deep, huh?? Not sure if this will result in more or less laundry actually getting done :) 

{6} Learn to like my hair. This has been a life-long battle for me. I wish I could say  "Love" but I think that might be pushing it a little. So for now, I want to like my hair, learn to deal with its "do whatever it wants too attitude" (yes it has attitude), and accept that I just don't have super model hair like my adorable twin sissy. I like to think of it as eccentric!!

{7} Excercise 3 times a week or more. Kinda goes along with #1, but it doesn't always have to be running. 

{8} Smile and Kiss the hubs when he comes home from work every day. Even if its been one of those never ending horror story kind of days, or one of those I can't believe I am picking up all YOUR crap kind of days, or I really don't feel like talking kind of days...even still I will put on my big girl panties and greet my wonderful man with a smile and a kiss. 

{9} Play with Macy more. Well play might be an exxageration as she simply doesn't like to move very much, but at least I could give her a little more attention in between her snoring fests. 

{10} Organize the office/junk hole/ crafting area/ tractor graveyard!!! I have plans, but gotta get on it!!

So what are your goals for the new year?? Do you think I am a crazy woman yet??
Happy New Year Everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment