Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Pregnancy Update: 36 Weeks

I wish I could say this has been a normal past few weeks and I have just been too tired/busy to blog, but unfortunately things haven't gone as planned. I have been diagnosed with mild preeclampsia, excess fluid around the baby, and placed on modified bed rest for the past 3 weeks. As of right now, my condition is stable, and baby Walters is responding wonderfully to all of his biophysical profile tests...but still all a little bit scary. I have been admitted as an out patient work-up 3 times at this point and am having to go to the doctor 2x a week for ultrasounds, blood pressure testing, and urine analysis. They have scheduled an induction for next Wednesday, October 12th at 37 weeks pregnant. I am, of course, uneasy about the whole process, as I would love for him to come when he is ready, but I am trusting the doctors and trusting that God has a plan in all of this. 

With all that being said, here is the preggo update thus far!!
 
How Far Along: I'm 36 weeks along

Due Date: November 2nd, 2011 Turns out baby Walters will be joining the world on October 12th or 13th!!

Size of Baby: Baby Walt is almost 6 pounds and about 18 inches long. We should find out more details tomorrow.

Maternity Clothes: I've been placed on bed rest for the past 3 weeks, so I basically live in night gowns and pj pants, but maternity clothes are definitely the way to go out in public.

 
Gender: It's a boy!! He is DEFINITELY still a boy. I get to see him twice a week via ultrasound now, and he is never shy about showing his boy parts!!

Movement: He is a full on alien in the belly these days. He kicks and wiggles incessantly, so much so that he "runs" from the doppler machine which tries to locate his heart beat. I have learned to love this feeling since it lets me know he is alive and well.

 
Sleep: Well, when I actually do sleep, it's pretty deep slumber thanks to the wonderful invention of a pregnancy wedge pillow..like wake up in a coma kind of sleep. I have been told by a certain someone that I have developed a little snore these last few days, but I deny it to the death!!

 
What I miss: I miss having a "normal" pregnancy. It's amazing what you take for granted before things go wrong. I used to get annoyed having to go in for an appointment that lasted 5 minutes and they said everything is fine after I had waited an hour...but now I long for those days.

 
Cravings: Cinnamon flavored things...toast, rolls, candy, etc.

 
Symptoms: still having carple tunnel, elevated blood pressure, ginormous legs due to swelling and increased fluid, and a general inability to use my stomach muscles at all. I hope they still exist after all of this :)
 
Best moment: getting to attend my twin sister's wedding this past weekend!! Even though I looked like a giant blueberry. Isn't she beautiful...
 
 The wonderful Abbey Lindsay of Dylan Blue Photography (also my wedding photographer) captured the big day. We can't wait to see more photos!!

No comments:

Post a Comment