Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Pregnancy Update: 31 Weeks

I'm officially in countdown stage which is code for miserable stage.  31 weeks pregnant + a 26th, I'm officially closer to 30 than 20 birthday = not such a happy mama..but here goes nothing:
 
How Far Along: I'm 31 weeks along (about 7 months)

Due Date: November 2nd, 2011

Size of Baby: Baby Kizziah is about 16 inces long and he weights about 3.3 pound now, and he now has eye lashes on eyes he can blink. He is adding to his (and mama's) baby fat every day...just not in the cheeks please ;)

Maternity Clothes: I'm back to teaching, so living in dresses that are still not too scandalous to wear to work. Unfortunately we aren't allowed to wear sleeveless tops/dresses which has resulted in my portable becoming Antarctic during the day. Poor kiddos...nah, they'll survive.

 

Gender: It's a boy!!

Movement: Still going strong in the kicking department! He has gotten the hiccups several times which is quite strange to feel (and may or may not have resulted in a frantic call to my OB insisting that something must be wrong with my child).

 

Sleep: What's sleep?!? It's not all that terrible...I can even sometimes make it 2 WHOLE hours without having to get up!! Finding a comfortable position has become the biggest challenge, and I am still finding that I wake up on my belly...a miracle to my OB.

 

What I miss: being able to stand for long periods of time without elephantitis sinking in on my ankles, aka. effective teaching. I have already begun the teaching from my desk business and I have certainly used the fat, waddling, pregnant lady card on my students multiple times. I also, unfortunately have developed carpal tunnel in my right hand, making typing, writing, and teaching in general a little bit painful.

 

Cravings: Orange juice!! I can't seem to get enough of it...maybe I need some vitamin c?

 

Symptoms: miserably swollen legs and ankles, full-on waddle walk, an always present need to clarify that I am indeed pregnant and not just fat to all my oh-so-politically correct high school students.
Best moment: the reaction of my students when I showed them Walt's ultrasound picture on my "Welcome to Mrs. Kizziah's Class" powerpoint. Priceless!! See below for examples...
"Holy crap what is that?"
"Eww...why are you showing us that?"
"I'm just not sure that's normal for us to be seeing!"
"I feel like we're violating you somehow!!" 

Oh how I love high school!!!

And here is the latest edition of the growing belly. It's certainly getting large and in charge, and I am beginning to dread these weekly photos more and more. All for memories sake I guess/ motivation to hit the gym post-delivery...




 

1 comment:

  1. Ah, high school students. What they don't realize is they will be in this lovely stage of life sooner than later. Time flies when you're young and immature:)

    You look great, Taylor!!

    ReplyDelete