Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day Everyone!

Considering today is THE day we celebrate mama's around the world, I figured now was as good a time as any to let the cat out of the bag. Are you ready for this? I'm....









Yep that's right. There is a proverbial bun in my proverbial oven. I'm baking a baby these days, which certainly explains (or so I hope) my blog neglect. All I have really wanted to do for the past few months is rest my ever-expanding body on the couch from the time I get home from work until bed time. In fact there are many a day when the hubby comes home from work to find me drooling deep in slumber.

For all those wondering, we were certainly not planning this pregnancy. Especially considering the fact that we are fast approaching our FIRST anniversary as a married couple. I was hoping to at least make the year mark, and preferably a few more after that, but here we are, despite GREAT effort, if you know what I mean!! There is really no other explanation than it must be God's timing, and we are trusting in that against all odds.

So for those of you inquiring family members and friends, I have decided to track the pregnancy via this old blog from time to time. No preggo belly pictures yet, I just can't bear it, but I promise they will be here in the future. So here goes...

How Far Along: I'm 14 weeks along

Due Date: November 2nd, 2011

Size of Baby: Baby Kizziah is about the size of a lemon at this point, and weighs about 1 1/2 ounces.

Maternity Clothes: None yet, thank God! Living in dresses and skirts for this Florida weather, but can still button all of my pants :)

Gender: We don't know yet, but find out June 1st! Can't wait!

Movement: Can't feel anything yet but aches and pains.

Sleep: I'm sleeping well at this point apart from the occasional night time nausea.

What I miss: Not feeling like a zombie every afternoon around 1:00 & being able to finish a whole meal!

Cravings: Chicken nuggets, pickles, cheese Doritos. The picture of health, I Know!

Symptoms: This first trimester has been rough. Plenty of nausea and morning sickness (even though it is terribly misnamed because it can happen at any time of the day), fatigue that you wouldn't believe, and crippling headaches. We're almost out of the woods, so I'm told though.

Best moment: the look on Adam's face when I told him he was going to be a daddy. I must admit, he handles change muuuuuuch better than his "better half" who took until just about a few weeks ago to settle into the whole mommiehood thing.


The whole story of determining if I was actually pregnant was a little bit crazy, so I'll share that in a later post. But for now, I leave you with our two sonogram pictures. The first was taken at 6 weeks, and looks like nothing more than a grain of rice. The second one was taken at 10 weeks, and looks like an alien blob. I must admit that I think the second picture scared me more than set my mind at ease, but the doctors assure me our "blob" will take human form very soon!!



3 comments:

  1. i love it! we're so excited! you know i've been rooting for a kizziah baby since the day you got married, so i think this is perfect timing. by the way, i love the "frances kizziah" on your sonograms :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Mother's Day!!! I am so excited for you. You are going to be an amazing mommy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!! So excited for you! :)

    WhitWhit

    ReplyDelete