Tuesday, March 8, 2011

A Little Face Lift...

For 10 months now, I have been looking at this eye sore...


 And a close up...


Isn't she pretty? I think NOT! The hubs and I finally decided to give our front flower bed a major overhaul. Through lots of potting soil, mulch, and a few hours at our local nursery, we ended up with a lovely and welcoming entrance to casa Kizziah. See for yourself...


I must confess I did very little of the work. I mostly just bossed him around supervised the project, while Adam did all of the manual labor. I'm so lucky, right? We decided to go with Aztec grass along the front, Japanese dwarf mock orange bushes staggered in the middle, and finally Red ties along the back. I love all the contrasting colors and how it frames the front of the house without covering up the front windows and seating area. I also love that all of these plants are year-round bloomers and don't need to be re-planted every year or covered in the winter. Major plus for this girl with absolutely no green thumb! A close up shot....



So there you have it...some brand new landscaping. Here's to hoping I'll be a little more diligent about blog posting in March!!

3 comments:

  1. love the upgrade! looks so good!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a transformation! You two did a great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks amazing! I guess Adam's college degree is coming in pretty handy!! We need him to come up here and help us out. Our front beds are getting overhauled very soon. And secretly I am hoping it will happen without my help:)

    ReplyDelete